2018 Annual CAMSA-USA Convention – August 2-5, 2018!
We are excited and looking forward to seeing you all on August 2-5 for our highly anticipated annual convention in
We hope you all are as excited as we are!! Also, this year, registration will be much different than in previous years. All registration will be online. All pricing will be outlined and detailed on Eventbrite. You will have the opportunity to register for the entire convention, OR you can register for individual events as well (as soon as early registration is over). Click here to visit the Eventbrite page for purchasing options!
Double Tree by Hilton Richardson – Dallas is the location of the convention hotel.
Address: 1981 North Central Expressway, Richardson, Texas, 75080, USA
To book your room click here or call 972-644-4000 and mention Cameroon Student to get the group rate of $99/night. Rate also includes free breakfast
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns!
Members: If you haven’t already, please be sure pay your annual CAMSA USA dues, Click here to renew your dues.
This year, we’re giving you MORE!!
As we finalize the program, we want to let you know that CAMSA-USA will be offering so much more to it’s members this year at the convention. And as such we need your help and participation.
We are searching for people who can help make this event a success! We are currently in need of the following:
- Vendors: any body who has a product or brand to sell or promote, we would love to have you come and promote at the CAMSA-USA conference. If you are, or know any one who is, a vendor or any kind, including food vendor, fashionista/fashion designer, other clothing designers, small business owner, artists, tailor (for clothes), etc., please be sure to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comedians, musical artists, etc.: We need you! We would love to provide you with a stage to showcase your talents. We are always looking to promote and support up and coming artists and performers within our Cameroonian and African communities!
- Participants for the DATE AUCTION! If you know any one that you would like to nominate to participate in the date auction (OR if you would like to be in the date auction yourself) please let us know! This year, we will be having a lot of fun with this and hope to have MEGA SUPER participation. Who knows, you may see some of you executive board members up there as well. Contact us at: email@example.com
- Soccer teams: we need the participation and registration of soccer teams! As we all know, soccer is a long standing tradition at the CAMSA-USA conventions. If you are interested in registering your team, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. All teams will need to register online beforehand so that we can make the appropriate accommodations. Fields, referees, and necessary equipment will all be handled and reserved by CAMSA-USA prior to the convention starting. Register here!
- Cultural night: do we have any dancers in the house?! We are in search of dancers and others who can make the cultural night come to life. If you are someone who may be interested, contact us at: email@example.com.
- We are also in need of a few people who can coordinate an Afrobeat Dance Class! (“Come and learn some afrobeat dance moves: Azonto, Coupe Decale, Ndombolo, and more, while getting a great workout!”).
- Motivational Speakers and Professionals: We are looking to reach out and broaden our CAMSA-USA membership. We are hoping to include not only students, but also young professionals in our association. And as such, we are hoping an experience that provides our members with motivational speakers and discussions with professional members of our society. We want to grow and cultivate a professional and successful community here, so that we might be able to do better for ourselves and our community here, as well as do more for our brothers and sisters back home in Cameroon. Join us in making this transition for the better! If you know someone any career professionals who would like to engage in stimulating discussion and give advice to the up and coming generation of Cameroonian students and young professionals, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to create a community of power!
- We hope to hold a business and professional session during the convention: How to dress, what to say, what needs to be on your resume and what to leave off. We want to prepare our students for the real world and help our young professionals looking to enter the business world, or make a shift in their careers. Come ready to discuss these things. A joint young professionals forum was held at the 2016 convention with Cameroon Professional Society (CPS). Find out more about that event here: More information can be found here.
- We will be looking for CAMSA-USA members to engage in and contribute to the volunteer and community outreach activity. Please bring a set of comfortable clothes that you won’t mind getting a little dirty in.
- If you are interested in advertising your business, space for advertising will be offered in our annual convention program. Please contact CAMSA-USA at email@example.com for more info on advertising.